Craving a delicious and filling dinner? Look no further than this incredible Minced Meat Savory Pie!
The best part? You don’t even need a special baking dish.
A regular baking tray will do the trick, as long as you grease it with oil to ensure easy removal of the finished pie.
And let’s not forget about the fabulous addition of sour cream, which adds a creamy and delightful touch to the filling.
This wonderful pie has a fragrant filling of minced meat, smoked sausage, tender cabbage, and boiled potatoes.
The best part? This Minced Meat Savory Pie is incredibly easy and quick to make!
Just fry up some onions, minced meat, and sausage for the filling.
Then mix it all together with the remaining ingredients.
If you’re short on time, you can buy a savory pie dough and have this minced meat pie ready in no time!
Simply roll out the dough into a deep baking tray and fill it with the prepared filling.
Pop it in the oven, and within 30 minutes, your home will be filled with the irresistible aroma of freshly baked goods.
All that’s left to do is slice it up and savor every bite!
The addition of sausage adds an extra layer of deliciousness with its enticing smoked aroma. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!
So why wait? Treat yourself and your family to this simple yet mouthwatering dinner option.
We guarantee they’ll be begging for more!
Minced Meat Savory Pie – VIDEO RECIPE
how to cook Minced Meat Savory Pie?
To start, preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F). Then, transfer the savory pie dough onto a lightly floured surface.
Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 22 cm by 22 cm square. If you want to be precise, feel free to use a ruler.
Next, grease a 20 cm by 20 cm square baking tray with butter. Carefully transfer the rolled-out dough into the baking tray using the rolling pin.
Gently place the dough into the baking tray, using your fingers to evenly coat the bottom and sides. Don’t forget to prick the bottom with a fork.
Now, place the baking tray into the preheated oven at 200°C (400°F). Bake for 15 minutes until it turns a beautiful golden brown. Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
TIPS. Looking for some helpful advice on how to preheat your oven and prepare it for baking? Look no further than our articles, “How and Why You Need to Preheat the Oven” and “Top 7 Secrets for Perfect Baking in the Oven”.
While the crust cools, cut the cabbage into large pieces. Boil some salted water and briefly blanch the chopped cabbage for a few seconds. Once it becomes slightly soft, remove it from the water and drain in a colander.
TIPS: Whether you prefer white or Savoy cabbage, both work perfectly for this savory pie. So feel free to use whichever one you have on hand or prefer.
Peel the onion and cut it into cubes.
Now, cut the smoked sausage into cubes.
TIPS: If you’re not a fan of smoked sausage, don’t fret. You can easily replace it with your favorite salami or even chorizo. The choice is yours!
Do the same with the boiled potatoes.
TIPS: When it comes to potatoes, there are multiple ways to prepare them. You can boil them peeled, leave the skins on, or even bake them in foil in the oven. Whichever method you choose, you’ll end up with tasty potatoes for your dish.
Heat a frying pan over high heat and add a little vegetable oil. Fry the chopped onion for about 5 minutes until it becomes translucent and fragrant.
Next, add the minced meat and chopped sausage to the pan with the onion. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes, then allow it to cool.
Transfer the resulting filling into a large bowl and add the chopped potatoes and cabbage. Give it a good stir and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
In a separate medium bowl, mix together sour cream, eggs, and grated cheese.
TIPS: Pre-grated cheese is incredibly convenient for preparing a wide range of dishes.
Now, fill the baked crust with the filling you prepared earlier.
Pour the sour cream mixture on top and use a spatula to level it out.
Next, pop the baking tray into the oven, which should already be preheated to a toasty 180°C (350°F). Let it bake for about 25 minutes, allowing all the flavors to meld together perfectly.
After the baking time is up, let the savory pie cool in the baking tray for about 5 minutes. Then, remove it from the baking tray and let it cool completely. This will ensure that the savory pie sets nicely and is easy to handle.
To add a touch of freshness and color, sprinkle some chopped green onions over the finished savory pie. This will not only make the presentation better but also add a delightful burst of flavor.
Finally, it’s time to serve this mouthwatering creation! Cut Minced Meat Savory Pie into equal pieces. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy this delectable dish. Bon appétit!
Minced Meat Savory Pie
for the crust
- Savory pie dough – 1 portion (500 g)
for the filling
- Cabbage – 1/4 pcs. (300 g)
- Boiled potatoes – 3 pcs. (120 g)
- Mixed minced meat – 1/2 pack (200 g)
- Smoked sausage – 1/5 pack (85 g)
- Onions – 1 pc. (100 g)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp. (3 g)
- Ground black pepper – 1/3 tsp. (1 g)
for the topping
- Eggs – 1 pc. (50 g)
- Grated cheese – 1/2 cup (50 g)
- Sour cream – 2/5 cup (100 g)
- Green onion
- Turn the savory pie dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a 22 cm by 22 cm square.
- Using a rolling pin, transfer the rolled out dough into a butter greased 20 cm by 20 cm bakig tray. Gently place the dough into the bakig tray, using your fingers to evenly coat the bottom and sides of the tray. Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Place the bakig tray in an oven preheated to 200°C (400°F) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut the cabbage into large pieces. Place in salted boiling water for a few seconds. When it becomes slightly soft, remove and drain in a colander.
- Cut onions, sausage and boiled potatoes into cubes.
- Pour a little vegetable oil into a frying pan heated over high heat. Add onion, fry for 5 minutes. Add minced meat and sausage, simmer for 5 minutes, cool.
- Place the filling in a large bowl, add potatoes and cabbage, stir. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place sour cream in a medium bowl, add eggs and grated cheese, mix.
- Fill the baked crust with filling. Place sour cream filling on top of the filling. Level the top with a spatula.
- Place the baking tray with a savory pie in the oven preheated to 180°C (350°F) and bake for 25 minutes. Leave the pie in the baking trayfor 5 minutes. Remove from the baking tray and cool.
- Sprinkle the finished savory pie with chopped green onions.