I am over the moon to share with you the recipe for the absolute Best Homemade Chocolate Custard!
This chocolate custard is a simple and delicious cream made with cocoa and milk, perfect for enhancing cakes, pastries, pies, and other baked goods.
My easy-to-follow recipe will guide you through the steps of preparing this wonderful cream effortlessly.
While it’s common to add pieces of chocolate to the custard, using cocoa powder alone still yields an incredibly tasty and aromatic result!
Looking to make a delicious cake in no time? Look no further!
You can simply purchase ready-made sponge or waffle cake layers and generously coat them with this delectable cream.
The best part? You probably already have all the necessary ingredients in your kitchen!
Just grab a glass of milk, half a glass of sugar, some starch, and cocoa powder – that’s all you need.
A touch of butter will give the cream a silky texture and a delightful creamy aftertaste.
This versatile cream isn’t limited to being a cake filling; it can also be enjoyed as a standalone dessert.
Simply fill beautiful glasses or bowls with this creamy goodness, top it off with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, and voila!
Brace yourself for a stunning dessert that will transport you straight to chocolate heaven.
You have a delicate and light dessert that will perfectly conclude any festive dinner or bring sweet joy to your loved ones on the weekend.
The Best Homemade Chocolate Custard made with milk and starch is like pure magic!
Each spoonful of this dessert melts in your mouth, offering a creamy sweetness with milky undertones and a bold chocolate flavor.
The incomparable custard with its rich chocolate taste is sure to captivate your taste buds.
A pinch of salt only serves to enhance the enchanting sweetness and irresistible tenderness of this custard.
The temptation to finish the entire dish at once may be irresistible, but savoring each bite is an experience beyond compare.
Best Homemade Chocolate Custard
for the custard (400 g)
- Milk – 1 cup (250 g)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup (100 g)
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp. (10 g)
- Butter – 2 tbsp. (28 g)
- Corn starch – 2 tbsp. (16 g)
- Salt – 1/8 tsp. (1 pinch)
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Sift cocoa powder through a sieve. Place sugar, salt, cornstarch and cocoa powder in a medium bowl and add 3 tbsp. (45 g) of milk, mix thoroughly.
- Pour the remaining milk into the saucepan, put on the fire, and bring to a boil. Pour a third of the hot milk into the chocolate mixture and stir quickly. Pour the resulting mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining milk and place over medium heat. Cook with constant stirring until the mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Strain the custard through a fine sieve, add butter, stir until completely dissolved. Cool the cream slightly.
- Cover the custard with cling film in contact. Place in the refrigerator until completely cool.
- The finished custard can be served as a dessert, decorated with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.