I am absolutely thrilled to share with you the incredible recipe for Easy Chocolate Easter Nests!
These delightful treats are a perfect addition to your Easter celebrations, combining traditional ingredients with a modern twist.
This is a quick and easy dessert perfect for Easter.
My simple recipe will guide you through the steps of creating beautiful chocolate nests effortlessly.
In just minutes, you can treat your family to this fabulous delicacy that will surely be a hit with the little ones!
The kataifi pastry adds a unique texture that perfectly complements the rich and indulgent chocolate flavor.
Kataifi pastry, consisting of thin strands of dough, is a staple in Greek cuisine and lends itself to creating unique and extraordinary dishes.
You can find frozen Kataifi in most large supermarkets, but be sure to work with it swiftly to prevent it from drying out.
Keep it covered with a damp towel to maintain its moisture.
Picture biting into these heavenly nests, filled with a chocolate filling and adorned with vibrant mini eggs.
The nests made from Kataifi pastry are incredibly thin, crispy, and possess a touch of magic.
Simply divide the dough into strands, mix it with melted butter, and place it in a muffin tin.
Alternatively, you can use puff pastry by cutting it into strips and lining the muffin tin.
Another option is to create nests using whole squares of dough, as demonstrated in this recipe.
These Easy Chocolate Easter Nests are a stunning dessert that will captivate your taste buds with its simplicity.
These sweet nests, delicately woven from thin threads, are filled with a delightful combination of chocolate and nuts.
Top them off with fluffy whipped cream and chocolate eggs, and it’s as if the Easter Bunny himself delivered this treat to bring joy to the children!
This fabulous delicacy will undoubtedly add a touch of magic to your table on this joyous occasion.
Easy Chocolate Easter Nests
for the dough
- Kataifi pastry – 1/2 pack (225 g)
- Melted butter – 2 tbsp. (28 g)
for the filling
- Dark chocolate – 1 bar (90 g)
- Butter – 1/4 cup (60 g)
- Milk – 1 tbsp. (15 g)
- Coarsely chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup (60 g)
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate eggs
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl, pour in the milk, and add the butter. Then, place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, combine the ingredients while stirring constantly, and cool slightly.
- Put chopped nuts into a medium bowl, pour in chocolate ganache, mix thoroughly.
- Thaw the Kataifi pastry according to the instructions on the package. Place the defrosted dough in a large bowl and carefully separate the dough into strands. Pour melted butter over the Kataifi pastry and stir.
- Grease two 6-piece muffin tins with butter. Place the strands of dough into the cups of the muffin tins, gently pressing them to form nests.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200⁰C (400⁰F) for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Leave the finished nests in the muffin tins for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin tins and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Fill the cooled nests halfway with chocolate and nut filling. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Decorate the finished nests with whipped cream and chocolate eggs.